In electrical systems, increased resistance can be caused by component age, fatigue oxidation, wear, loose connections or even poor installations of new equipment.
Conditions Detectable by Infrared Thermography
- Loose and/or deteriorated connections
- Overloaded circuits
- Open circuits
- Unbalanced loads
- Inductive heating
- Defective equipment and/or poor installations
Benefits of Infrared Thermography
- Reduces fire/safety risks
- Reduces unscheduled downtimes
- Increases equipment life
- Lowers repair costs
- Saves money
- Prevents catastrophic failures
- Lowers insurance premiums due to reduced losses
Infrared Scan UsesDrewry Electrical uses infrared scans to make sure your business or property is both safe and efficient. We offer:
- Infrared Thermography Surveys
- Electrical predictive maintenance
- Mechanical predictive maintenance
Infrared Thermography ServicesInfra-Red scanning technology is a great tool for diagnosing and preventing electrical problems within your complex electrical systems that power your home or building. Using thermal imaging our expert technicians can quickly spot heat (or the lack of) within your wiring system and breaker panels. Areas with an unusual amounts of heat can be bottlenecks in your electrical grid that we’ll need to sort out.
Generally heat (in regards to electricity) is developed when the electricity travelling through your system encounters resistance. The resistance could be a bad breaker, a loose connection, a faulty cable or an improper hardware installation. In some cases the problem could be more serious and in those cases you’ll be both thankful and relieved that we offer this service.
Thermal Imaging Electrical Scans
- Inventory of your buildings electrical equipment.
- Reports on any troubling hot spots or loose connections.
- Reports on any overloaded circuits or other safety hazards.
One of our core services is using Infra-Red scanning technologies to inspect the electrical systems in large commercial, residential and industrial buildings throughout the area.